Thursday 27 December 2012

What's the score?


What’s the score? Odemwingie launches more blistering Twitter attacks on Super Eagles coach and ex-players

by Rachel Ogbu

Since Nigeria’s coach, Stephen Keshi decided to leave Peter Odemwingie out of his Africa Cup of Nations squad, there has been a lot of debate – going back and forth on the issue.
Odemwingie claims he is not affected by the coach’s decision but the reasons behind it are evidently still unsettling for the West Brom striker.
In an angry outburst on Twitter early this week, the 31-year-old claimed he was dropped because he often speaks his mind.
Then on Christmas Day, while many spent time with their family, Odemwingie took to Twitter again to continue to react to comments about not making the cut.
On the December 26, the player is at it agaib, using his Twitteraccount to launch a more blistering attack on the Nigeria Football Federation and the Super Eagles coach.
Peter Odemwingie‏@OdemwingieP:
 Ok Victor e don reach ur turn – talking about professionalism huh- did u have any business in the dressing room during game against guinee?
Ur handshake could have been back luck to me cos you have prejudged opinion about me. Coach and his team only in dressing room please !!!
 If u had coaching talent u would at least be one by now. That means you don’t know much about the game. Means don’t be a adviser to FF
u want me to be mature ? Ur interview that me and Mikel shouldn’t be in the national team ? Shouldn’t u leave that to the coach to say?
I heard ur story oh. How hot tempered u where as a player. They said far worse than me. I might have done few little mistakes but Little!
He went on to dig up the past:

Keshi told the BBC World Service on Monday that he is not bothered by Odemwingie’s reaction.
“I don’t even have a Facebook or Twitter account so it doesn’t bother me at all. Nigeria is blessed with a lot of good players and we cannot invite every player,”  he said.
“There’s nothing personal about this stuff. Odemwingie is a very good player but right now I don’t need him.
“He’s a professional and he should be able to accept that.
“Nigeria is blessed with a lot of good players and we cannot invite every player.
“We’re not in a war with anybody, we’re just trying to do our job.”
Odemwingie, who played at the 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010 Nations Cups, had accused Keshi of disrespect by not informing him personally of his decision.

“It’s clear now that my days with the Super Eagles are over.
“I was warned that they were going to find a reason to push me away when the chance came.
“I still love my country and care about the football but I already wasn’t feeling the way I would have liked to feel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment